- Stone & Skillet English Muffins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 thick sliced mozzarella
- bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups of canola oil
- 4-5 slices of prosciutto
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- Heat tomato sauce in a small pan on low.
- Mix olive oil, beef, cheese, eggs,
- breadcrumbs a medium sauce pot to 350 degrees. Coat mozzarella with flour, egg, and breadcrumbs. Deep fry until golden brown. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Toast muffin and rub
- Assemble burger with basil, burger patty, tomato sauce, fried mozzarella, and prosciutto.
*use leftover meat to make delicious meatballs!